Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our other passion!

My first passion is my boys and making them happy, the second passion is the Decorative Painting Business my husband and I have been working endlessly to make a success (www.candecorativepaint.com) , in our down time (really, down time??) my husband's passion is his chickens! He loves these birds. One is Flitter, a Plymouth Rock Barred hen and the other is Brownie, a Rhode Island Red both named by our boys.
Here they are in all their glory!

He has just finished his garden and is hoping to add another chicken or two. Which is fine with me with only one condition, I want an Araucana, a hen that lays blue to greenish eggs. Stay tuned to see if my "wish" comes true.
In all honestly I hated the idea at first, coming from downtown to Toronto to Chapel Hill, NC the idea of chickens was outrageous. But I must admit I love the fresh eggs and my children love to have them as pets which makes me especially happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment